Volvo, the Swedish carmaker, has announced its new Volvo On Call app and Sensus Connect technology. The new technology will be available in their 2015 models, which will let the car owners control select features of their car with the Volvo On Call smartphone app.
Volvo On Call provides users with 24 hour roadside assistance, SOS emergency service with crash notification and stolen vehicle tracking facility. If the service is used in conjunction with On call smartphone app, it also keeps check on lock status of doors and fuel level of vehicle.
Volvo On Call app features:
- See vehicle dashboard values, such as fuel level, trip meters, and more.
- Control your engine block heater, if your car is equipped with a fuel-driven engine block heater.
- Locate your car on a map or using the car’s horn and direction indicators.
- Lock and unlock the vehicle.
- Request roadside assistance from the app.
- Keep an electronic driving journal that will create trip reports for every trip made with the vehicle.
The Volvo on Call app can be downloaded from Google Play.